Pope Shenouda III of Alexandria
Pope Shenouda III (3 August 1923 – 17 March 2012) was the 117th Pope of Alexandria & Patriarch of the See of St. Mark. His papacy lasted for forty years, four months, and four days from 14 November 1971 until his death on 17 March 2012.
|His Holiness Pope Shenouda III|
|117th Pope of Alexandria & Patriarch of All Africa on the Holy Apostolic See of St. Mark the Evangelist of the Coptic Orthodox Church of Alexandria|
Pope Shenouda III
|Papacy began||14 November 1971|
|Papacy ended||17 March 2012|
|Consecration||30 September 1962 (Episcopal)|
|Birth name||Nazeer Gayed Roufail|
نظير جيد روفائيل
|Born||3 August 1923|
Abnub, Asyut Governorate, Egypt
|Died||17 March 2012 (aged 88)|
|Buried||Monastery of Saint Pishoy, Scetes, Egypt|
|Denomination||Coptic Orthodox Christian|
|Residence||Coptic Orthodox Patriarchal Residence|
- "Pope of Egypt's Coptic Christian Church dies". USA Today. 17 March 2012. Retrieved 17 March 2012.
- "Egypt's Coptic Christian Pope Shenouda III dies". BBC. 17 March 2012. Retrieved 17 March 2012.
- "Egypt Coptic Christian Pope Shenouda III dies: adviser | Top News | Reuters". Af.reuters.com. 18 March 2012. Retrieved 18 March 2012.
Media related to Pope Shenouda III of Alexandria at Wikimedia Commons
- Official website
- Pope Shenouda III – Coptic Orthodox Church Network: Biography, Online Books, and Audio Sermons
- Some Articles by Pope Shenouda III in English
- More information about the life of Pope Shenouda III – from Saint Takla Haymanout the Ethiopian Church, Alexandria, Egypt
- Common declaration of Pope Shenouda III and Pope Paul VI (1973)
- Pope Shenouda III's story and life in Arabic and English
- Pope Shenouda III's Life (French)