Pope Shenouda III of Alexandria
Pope Shenouda III (3 August 1923 – 17 March 2012) was the 117th Pope of Alexandria & Patriarch of the See of St. Mark. His papacy lasted for forty years, four months, and four days from 14 November 1971 until his death on 17 March 2012.
Pope Shenouda III
|Pope of Alexandria and Patriarch of All Africa on the Holy Apostolic See of St. Mark the Evangelist of the Coptic Orthodox Church of Alexandria|
Pope Shenouda III
|Church||Coptic Orthodox Church of Alexandria|
|Papacy began||14 November 1971|
|Papacy ended||17 March 2012|
|Consecration||30 September 1962|
|Birth name||Nazir Gayed Roufail|
نظير جيد روفائيل
|Born||3 August 1923|
Abnub, Asyut Governorate, Egypt
|Died||17 March 2012 (aged 88)|
|Buried||Monastery of Saint Pishoy, Scetes, Egypt|
|Denomination||Coptic Orthodox Christian|
|Residence||Coptic Orthodox Patriarchal Residence|
|This article contains Coptic and Arabic text. Without proper rendering support, you may see question marks, boxes, or other symbols.|
- "Pope of Egypt's Coptic Christian Church dies". USA Today. 17 March 2012. Retrieved 17 March 2012.
- "Egypt's Coptic Christian Pope Shenouda III dies". BBC. 17 March 2012. Retrieved 17 March 2012.
- "Egypt Coptic Christian Pope Shenouda III dies: adviser | Top News | Reuters". Af.reuters.com. 18 March 2012. Retrieved 18 March 2012.
Media related to Pope Shenouda III of Alexandria at Wikimedia Commons
- Official website
- Pope Shenouda III – Coptic Orthodox Church Network: Biography, Online Books, and Audio Sermons
- Some Articles by Pope Shenouda III in English
- More information about the life of Pope Shenouda III – from Saint Takla Haymanout the Ethiopian Church, Alexandria, Egypt
- Common declaration of Pope Shenouda III and Pope Paul VI (1973)
- Pope Shenouda III's story and life in Arabic and English
- Pope Shenouda III's Life (in French)