R. Lee Ermey
American actor and soldier (1944-2018)
Ronald Lee Ermey (March 24, 1944 – April 15, 2018) was an American actor and voice actor. Ermey served with the United States Marine Corps in Vietnam and was retired in 1971. He was the voice of Sarge in Toy Story, Toy Story 2, and Toy Story 3. Ermey was born on March 24, 1944 in Emporia, Kansas. He was nominated for a Golden Globe Award for his role as Gunnery Sergeant Hartman in Full Metal Jacket.
Ermey was married to Nila Ermey from 1975 until his death in 2018; they had 4 children. Ermey retired as a Staff Sergeant but was later given the honorary rank of Gunnery Sergeant.
Ermey died on April 15, 2018 of complications from pneumonia at a hospital in Santa Monica, California at the age of 74.
- All Dogs Go to Heaven: The Series - Additional Voices
- Batman: The Brave and the Bold - Wildcat / Ted Grant
- Big Guy and Rusty the Boy Robot - General Thorton
- Family Guy - Drill Sergeant, Jousting Coach
- Father of the Pride - Bunny
- Fillmore! - Colonel Thrift
- Grim & Evil - Sergeant
- Invader Zim - Sergeant Hobo 678
- Kim Possible - General Sims
- Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness - General Tsin
- Roughnecks: Starship Troopers Chronicles - Sky Marshal Sanchez
- SpongeBob SquarePants - Warden
- The Angry Beavers - Sergeant Goonther
- The Simpsons - Colonel Leslie Hapablap
- Cat Tale - General Puddles
- Recess: School's Out - Colonel O'Malley
- Shark Bait - Jack
- Toy Story - Sarge
- Toy Story 2 - Sarge
- Toy Story 3 - Sarge
Video game rolesEdit
- Batman: The Brave and the Bold - The Videogame - Wildcat / Ted Grant
- Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex - Wa-Wa the Water Elemental
- ↑ Angel Canales (10 July 2014). "R. Lee Ermey Talks Military, Acting and Reality TV". ABC News. Retrieved 23 February 2016.
- ↑ "R. Lee Ermey". Rotten Tomatoes. Flixster. Retrieved 23 February 2016.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 "R. Lee Ermey". The New York Times. Retrieved 23 February 2016.
- ↑ Valerie Wigglesworth (27 December 2013). "Marine and 'Full Metal Jacket' actor R. Lee Ermey to appear at Frisco Gun Club". The Dallas Morning News. Retrieved 23 February 2016.[permanent dead link]
- ↑ "R. Lee Ermey, Golden Globe Nominee for 'Full Metal Jacket,' Dies at 74". The Hollywood Reporter. April 15, 2018. Retrieved April 15, 2018.