Ramallah (Arabic: رام الله Rāmallāh (help·info) is a Palestinian city, in the West Bank. It is 10 kilometres (6.2 mi) north of Jerusalem. It currently serves as the de facto capital of the State of Palestine, Palestine Liberation Organization and the Palestinian National Authority. The constitutional capital is Jerusalem. Ramallah has over 27,000 people living there. Ramallah was historically a Christian town, but today Muslims form the majority of the population, with about 25% of the people Christians.
|• Arabic||رام الله|
|• Also spelled||Ramallah (official)|
Bank of Palestine, in Ramallah
|Governorate||Ramallah & al-Bireh|
|• Type||City (from 1995)|
|• Head of Municipality||Janet Mikhail|
|• Jurisdiction||16,344 dunams (16.3 km2 or 6.3 sq mi)|
- 2007 PCBS Population. Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics. p.53. (Arabic)
- 2007 PCBS Census. Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics. p.114. (Arabic)
- Hall, Andy. Quaker Meeting in Ramallah Ecumenical Accompaniment Programme in Palestine and Israel.
- Keulemans, Chris. Imagination Behind the Wall: Cultural Life in Ramallah p.2. April 2005.
- "Ramallah.ps". Ramallah.ps. Retrieved November 13, 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ramallah.|
Ramallah travel guide from Wikivoyage