Ramallah (Arabic: رام الله Rāmallāh (help·info) is a Palestinian city, in the West Bank. It is 10 kilometres (6.2 mi) north of Jerusalem. It currently serves as the de facto capital of the State of Palestine, Palestine Liberation Organization and the Palestinian National Authority. The constitutional capital is Jerusalem. Ramallah has over 27,000 people living there. Ramallah was historically a Christian town, but today Muslims form the majority of the population, with about 25% of the people Christians.
|• Arabic||رام الله|
|• Also spelled||Ramallah (official)|
Bank of Palestine, in Ramallah
|Governorate||Ramallah & al-Bireh|
|• Type||City (from 1995)|
|• Head of Municipality||Janet Mikhail|
|• Jurisdiction||16,344 dunams (16.3 km2 or 6.3 sq mi)|
- 2007 PCBS Population. Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics. p.53. (Arabic)
- 2007 PCBS Census. Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics. p.114. (Arabic)
- Hall, Andy. Quaker Meeting in Ramallah Archived 2011-02-25 at the Wayback Machine Ecumenical Accompaniment Programme in Palestine and Israel.
- Keulemans, Chris. Imagination Behind the Wall: Cultural Life in Ramallah Archived 2011-10-06 at the Wayback Machine p.2. April 2005.
- "Ramallah.ps". Ramallah.ps. Archived from the original on November 5, 2011. Retrieved November 13, 2011. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ramallah.|
Ramallah travel guide from Wikivoyage
- Ramallah City Archived 2012-10-16 at the Wayback Machine
- Ramallah History Archived 2007-05-10 at the Wayback Machine