The Red Brigades (Brigate Rosse) were an armed left-wing group from Italy. It acted in the 1970s and 1980s. They killed the former Prime Minister. The Center for International Security and Cooperation said the BR was a terrorist group.
Here are some of the crimes done by the Red Brigades:
- Kidnapped Genoa Assistant State Attorney Mario Sossi in 1974
- Killed two people in the Italian Social Movement, a right-wing organization, in 1974.
- Shot newspaper editor Carlo Casalegno in 1977. He later died.
- Kidnapped and killed Christian Democratic Party President and former Prime Minister of Italy Aldo Moro, killing five of his guards, in 1978.
- Kidnapped a chemical engineer in 1981.
1974 arrest of BR foundersEdit
In September 1974, the leaders were caught. They were given 18 years in confinement.
- Scott Neuman (April 28, 2021). "French Police Arrest Extremist Red Brigades Members Sought By Italy". NPR. Retrieved August 24, 2021.
- "Red Brigades". Stanford University Center for International Security and Cooperation. Retrieved August 24, 2021.
- "Major Attacks". Stanford University Center for International Security and Cooperation. Retrieved August 24, 2021.