Richard Nelson Corliss (March 6, 1944 – April 23, 2015) was an American movie critic. He was one of several editors of Time magazine who focused on movies, with occasional articles on other subjects. He created the widely used term "Drop Dead Gorgeous" in 1985 when describing Michelle Pfeiffer's performance in the movie, Into the Night.
Richard Nelson Corliss
March 6, 1944
|Died||April 23, 2015 (aged 71)|
New York City, New York, U.S.
- Villanova University Proquest search list of 2596 articles, 2009-2005.
- Time Magazine, February 25, 1985.
Other websites Edit
- Richard Corliss on IMDb
- Biography Archived 2013-01-05 at Archive.today - from Time magazine
- Biography - from Allmovie
- Corliss's Top Ten Picks Archived 2005-10-29 at the Wayback Machine - a yearly breakdown of Corliss's favorite movies.
- Top 100 Movies Ever Archived 2010-03-12 at the Wayback Machine - Corliss and fellow Time critic Richard Schickel's list of the greatest movies ever made