American stand-up comedian
|Birth name||Richard Philip Lewis|
|Born||June 29, 1947|
Brooklyn, New York, U.S.
|Medium||Stand-up, television, movies|
|Genres||Black comedy, surreal humor|
|Subject(s)||Self-deprecation, neuroticism, psychotherapy, hypochondria, paranoia, depression, human sexuality, Jewish culture, pop culture, family, eating disorders|
|Influences||Buster Keaton, Woody Allen, Lenny Bruce, Richard Pryor, Jonathan Winters, David Brenner|
|Influenced||Kevin Richard, Artie Lange Paul Rothbart Bobby Slayton|
|Spouse||Joyce Lapinsky (January 2005 – present)|
|Notable works and roles||Marty Gold in Anything but Love|
Himself in Curb Your Enthusiasm
- Interview with Bill Zehme, Richard Lewis: Concerts from Hell: The Vintage Years, Image Entertainment, Released 2005-09-13
- Kirschling, Gregory (2008-11-07). "Artie Lange: 'F--- It, I'll Write a Book'". EW.com. Archived from the original on 2008-12-12. Retrieved 2008-11-11.
- "Paul Rothbart". imdb.com.
- "The Unwritable Rant: Ep 39 - Interview with Bobby Slayton". theunwritablerant.libsyn.com.
- Firestone, Jay (2008-03-13). "Richard Lewis, comedian from heaven". Jewish Journal. Archived from the original on 2010-05-29. Retrieved 2010-06-23.
But his sense of disconnect could just as easily be attributed to his Jewish upbringing in New Jersey.
- Comedian Richard Lewis Reveals Parkinson’s Disease Diagnosis (Video)