Robert Jolin Osborne Jr. (May 3, 1932 – March 6, 2017) was an American movie, stage, voice, television actor and movie historian who was known for hosting the Turner Classic Movies channel from the 1990s until his retirement in early 2016.
Osborne was born on May 3, 1932 in Colfax, Washington. He was raised in Whitman County, Washington. He studied at the University of Washington. Osborne was gay. His life partner was David Staller from 1996 until his death in 2017.
- Biography at Osborne's official website
- McLellan, Dennis (March 6, 2017). "Robert Osborne dies at 84; genial student of films hosted Turner Classic Movies". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved March 6, 2017.
- Sblendorio, Peter (March 6, 2017). "Robert Osborne, host of Turner Classic Movies, dies at 84". New York Daily News. Retrieved March 6, 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Robert Osborne.|
- Official website
- Robert Osborne's column in The Hollywood Reporter
- Robert Osborne on IMDb
- Robert Osborne at the TCM Movie Database