Rocco Antonio Tano
4 May 1964
|Other names||Rocko Sifreddi, Rocco de Milano, Rocko Siffredi, Rocco Fiffreddi, Rocco Siffredy, Tano Rocco, Rocco Daryl Tano Jr., Rocco Daryl Tano, Rocco Ziffredi, Roco, Rocky Siffreddy, Rocco Sieffredi, Rocco Sifredi, Rocco Tano|
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
Rosa Caracciolo (m. 1993)
|Children||Lorenzo (b. 1996)|
Leonardo (b. 1999)
Siffredi met porn actor Leonardo Codazzo in a French sex club in 1985 and was introduced to producer Marco and director Michela, who cast him in his first pornographic role, Attention fillettes... (Watch Out, Little Girls...) in 1987, in which he performed anal sex. Siffredi then stepped away from porn and worked as a fashion model, but returned to the business after two years with the help of porn actress Teresa Orlowski. Siffredi went on to perform in both plot-based and gonzo-style pornography, with styles of sex ranging from ordinary to extreme. However, it was Siffredi's performances involving anal sex and anilingus, as well as rough sex and his psychological intensity and athleticism, which earned him recognition and ultimately a cult following. Through collaboration with John Stagliano's Evil Angel studio and then his own Budapest-based Rocco Siffredi Produzioni as both a performer and director, Siffredi became one of the most powerful and recognizable personalities in pornography. "Rocco has far more power in this industry than any actress," Stagliano commented in 2001. Siffredi has credited Stagliano with being his mentor through all 30 years of his career. With 31 years he got a circumcision.
Awards and nominationsEdit
In popular cultureEdit
- Siffredi is referenced in the Hold Steady song "Most People Are DJs" from 2004's Almost Killed Me.
- The Polish punk rock band Anti Dread wrote the song "Roko na Sterydach" ("Rocco on Steroids") about Siffredi.
- Mark Holcomb and Matt Halpern, of progressive metal band Periphery, are avid fans of Siffredi's work and quote his famous lines on-stage.
- Siffredi is referenced in the songs "Kundel Bury" and "Wina Satana" from the band Arka Satana.
- He is also referenced in the song "Padre Siffredi" from Danish hardcore band Barcode in the album Showdown (1995), including lyrics like "Size does matter, the bigger the badder".
- Underground cult filmmaker Carlos Atanes stated that Stanley Kubrick, David Lean and Rocco Siffredi were his main film references and he also said about Siffredi's work that "Agnes' scene in Rocco invades Poland or Gabriella Kerez' pool scene from True Anal Stories 9 are deeper than any Theo Angelopoulos' movie and show us the human inside more accurately than any Ingmar Bergman’s film".
- In French crime drama Braquo (season 2, episode 6), Internal Affairs Inspector Roland Vogel made a joke to a prostitute that his "tool" would make Rocco Siffredi "hide in shame".
- Siffredi is the male actor in the "It's Only Smellz" video that has become a popular meme.
- United Kingdom band The Singing Pictures released a secret track named "Siffredi it" in reference to his porn acting style.
- Siffredi is referenced in the song "Rocco Siffredi" by the German rapper SSIO.
- Siffredi is mentioned in the article "Pharmaco-pornographic Politics: Towards a New Gender Ecology" by Paul B. Preciado published by Routledge in the journal Parallax (2008), vol. 14 no. 1, pp. 105-117. Preciado writes, "The dildo, a synthetic extension of sex to produce pleasure and identity, eats Rocco Siffredi's cock" (p. 108).
- Rocco Siffredi at the Internet Adult Film Database
- Juan Carlos Rodríguez (3 November 2002). "Rocco es un hombre que disfruta muchísimo con su trabajo" (in Spanish). elmundo.es. Retrieved 27 January 2010.
- "Rocco Siffredi, grande ritorno al porno: "Mi mancava troppo il sesso"". Il Gazzettino (in Italian). 18 December 2009. Archived from the original on 6 March 2019. Retrieved 18 February 2010.
- "El 'rey del porno' Siffredi publica los secretos de su vida". Terra España (in Spanish). 6 October 2006. Archived from the original on 9 December 2010. Retrieved 20 July 2009.
- "Roccosiffrediblog.com". Roccosiffrediblog.com. May 2008. Archived from the original on 7 March 2012. Retrieved 16 August 2013.
- Dan Miller (9 April 2016). "Rocco Siffredi Confirms Retirement from Performing".
- "Arka Satana-Kundel Bury". Retrieved 22 September 2014.
- "Horrorphilia Hot Seat w/ Director Carlos Atanes". 16 December 2010. Archived from the original on 26 August 2012. Retrieved 21 March 2017.