Rod J. Rosenstein
Rod J. Rosenstein (born January 13, 1965) is an American lawyer and politician of Jewish descent. He is the 37th United States Deputy Attorney General serving from April 26, 2017 through May 11, 2019. He was the United States Attorney for the United States District Court for the District of Maryland and a former nominee to the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit.
Rod J. Rosenstein
|37th United States Deputy Attorney General|
April 26, 2017 – May 11, 2019
|Preceded by||Sally Yates|
|Succeeded by||Jeffrey A. Rosen|
|United States Attorney for the District of Maryland|
July 12, 2005 – April 26, 2017
|President||George W. Bush|
|Preceded by||Thomas M. DiBiagio|
|Succeeded by||Stephen M. Schenning (Acting)|
|Born||January 13, 1965|
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, U.S.
|Education||University of Pennsylvania (BS)|
Harvard University (JD)
Then President-Elect Donald Trump nominated Rosenstein to serve as Deputy Attorney General for the United States Department of Justice on January 13, 2017. He was confirmed by the Senate on April 25, 2017 by a vote of 94-6.
Rosenstein submitted his official resignation as Deputy Attorney General on April 29, 2019, taking effect on May 11, 2019.
- "Meet the U.S. Attorney". United States Department of Justice. Retrieved 9 February 2017.
- Whelan, Aubrey. "The Montco-reared deputy AG who recommended firing Comey". https://www.philly.com. External link in
- Snyder, Ron (26 April 2017). "Rod Rosenstein confirmed as deputy attorney general". WBAL.
- "Roll Call Vote PN56". United States Senate. April 25, 2017. Retrieved April 26, 2017.
- Gurman, Sadie. "Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein resigns, effective May 11". MarketWatch. Retrieved April 29, 2019.