This article does not have any sources. (December 2012)
SF1 Kraken is a weapon mainly used by police forces during riots to restore order. It is not lethal (hit causes only injury, not death). The weapon is specially made for usage against civilians without risking casualties (loss of life). The average distance of fire is about 30m, maximum is 100m and depends on type of bullet. SF1 Kraken uses the energy of gases from .357 Magnum blank cartidges (without a bullet) which are made by Libra a.s. in the Czech Republic. It is also able to use several types of 59mm calibre bullets.
- Common tennis ball - to stop or parlyse human or animal, for ditances up to 30m.
- Gas grenade - covers an area or some of friendly units with harmless smoke.
- Tear gas grenade - covers an area of crowd with tear gas, causes intensive crying and burn of eyes.
- P1 charge - uses strong acoustic effect (similar to simple banger or firecracker) to frighten or shock human or animal.
- P2 charge - uses acoustic effect and tear gas, combination of Tear gas grenade and P1 charge.
- Shot gun - filled with 20 rubber balls (instead of lead bullets).
- Calibre: 59 mm
- Barrel length: 230 mm
- Weapon length (without shoulder pad): 436 mm
- Weapon length: 711 mm
- Weight: 1,5 kg
- Fire mode: repeating (the gun must be manually reloaded after every shot)
- Cartridge calibre: .357 Magnum blank
- Muzzle velocity: 110 m/s (with thennis ball)
- Rate of fire: 6 rpm
- Muzzle energy: 403 J
- Impact energy (30m): 227 J