Sales are the activities involved in selling products or services in return for money or other compensation. It is an act of completion of a commercial activity. A salesman is someone who sells products or services, thus generating sales.
Sales are closely connected with marketing because they have the same goal. Sales serve as a result and confirmation of the correctness of the company's marketing work.
Sales are more practical than theoretical. Sales theory certainly exists as the recommended stages of the sales process, and continues to develop. The concept of sales is included as a basic in many other modern terms and business systems.
Many big companies have some problems with their sales and marketing departments.
There are many classifications of sales:
- wholesale and retail sales
- sales in the B2B and B2C segment
- active sales
- direct sale
- multilevel marketing
- "short" and "long" sales
- mobile sale
- sale of goods and services
- industry sales: food, building materials, etc.
- Paul H. Selden (December 1998). "Sales Process Engineering: An Emerging Quality Application". Quality Progress: 59–63.
- "Ending the War Between Sales and Marketing - Sponsored by SAS - Harvard Business Review". web.archive.org. 2014-08-19. Retrieved 2021-04-12.