Santa Clara, California
Santa Clara is a city in California. It is very close to the San Jose International Airport. It also has a light rail station, called the Lick Mill. It is also the home of Levi's Stadium, where the San Francisco 49ers play their home games.
The Mission City
|Incorporated||July 5, 1852|
|Named for||Saint Clare of Assisi|
|• Total||18.28 sq mi (47.34 km2)|
|• Land||18.28 sq mi (47.34 km2)|
|Elevation||72 ft (22 m)|
|• Rank||3rd in Santa Clara County|
46th in California
225th in the United States
|• Density||6,982/sq mi (2,697/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC−8 (Pacific)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC−7 (PDT)|
95050, 95051, 95054
|GNIS feature IDs||1654953, 2411816|
Santa Clara is part of Santa Clara County and Silicon Valley. Several large technology companies are based in Santa Clara, such as Intel, Nvidia, and Advanced Micro Devices. The city is also home to Santa Clara University, which is the oldest university in California, founded by Jesuits.
Other websites change
- "California Cities by Incorporation Date". California Association of Local Agency Formation Commissions. Archived from the original (Word) on November 3, 2014. Retrieved August 25, 2014.
- "2019 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved July 1, 2020.
- "Santa Clara". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved November 18, 2014.
- "Santa Clara (city) QuickFacts". United States Census Bureau.
- "QuickFacts: Santa Clara city, California". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved August 27, 2023.