The shamisen or samisen (Japanese: , literally "three taste strings"), also called sangen (literally "three strings") is a Japanese musical instrument with three strings, that is played with a big plectrum called a bachi. The pronunciation in Japanese is usually "shamisen".
- Buy shamisen and other traditional Japanese instruments
- God of Shamisen is a progressive/metal band that has implemented the acoustic and amplified sound of the tsugaru-jamisen.
- About the shamisen
- Buy shamisens and shamisen accessories
- Play with a shamisen
- Listen to a shamisen (in modern times)
- Listen to arrangements with shamisen of nagauta pieces Kokaji, Tsurukame, Echigo Jishi and Musume Dojoji
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Shamisen.|