Wikimedia disambiguation page
Generally, string is a thin piece of rope or twine which is used to tie, bind, or hang other objects. String can be made from a variety of fibres.
String may also mean:
In science, computers or mathematics:
- String (computer science), a sequence of symbols or digits in computer programming
- String (physics), one of the main objects of study in string theory
- strings (Unix), a Unix programme for finding character strings in binary files
- String literal, the notation for representing a string value within the text of a computer program
- A string of nucleotides is called DNA or RNA
- A string of amino acids is called a peptide or protein
- String theory, a popular grand unified theory
- String instrument, a musical instrument that produces sound through vibrating strings
- Strings (music), flexible material that provides vibrations in string instruments
- Strings (Pakistani pop band), a pop band from Pakistan
- String (Thai pop), a genre of Thai pop music
- "Strings", the nickname of Robert Dahlqvist, guitarist of Swedish rock and roll band The Hellacopters
- Twine, another name for string
- G-string, a type of underclothing that parts the buttocks without covering them
- Strings (film), a 2004 movie directed by Anders Rønnow Klarlund
- String figures, designs formed by weaving string around one's fingers
- A character controlled by Marik in the Yu-Gi-Oh! series
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title String.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.