Sirenia is a gothic metal band from Stavanger, Norway, founded in early 2001. Sirenia play a mix of gothic metal, symphonic metal, extreme metal and death metal sounds. The vocals are two male, one hard voice, from death metal, and a clean male singer. The female voice is used in moments with melody or chorus. The band uses melodic instrumentals, synthesizers, and distorted guitars with female vocals, and a choir, and violins, for the male voices. Lyrics spoke about human existence, emotion, and mental states.
|Years active||2001 – present|
Trail of Tears
Jan Erik Soltvedt
|Past members||Henriette Bordvik|
Michael S. Krumins
The band has changed tree female voices, first Fabienne Gondamin for the recording of At Sixes and Sevens, then Henriette Bordvik with whom the band recorded two albums ("An Elixir For Existence" and plus one EP "Sirenian Shores", and thenMonika Pedersen for recording Nine Destinies and a Downfall in 2007.
The lyrics, are written by Morten Veland.
- At Sixes and Sevens (2002)
- An Elixir for Existence (2004)
- Sirenian Shores (EP) (2004)
- Nine Destinies and a Downfall (2007)
- The 13th Floor (2009)
- Morten Veland - Programming, Growling, Clean Vocals, Guitar, Bass, Keyboards
- Jonathan A. Perez - drums
- Bjørnar Landa - Guitar
- Ailyn - Female Vocals
- Henriette Bordvik - Female Vocals (2002-2005)
- Kristian Gundersen - Clean Vocals, Guitar (2001-2004)
- Monika Pedersen - Female Vocals (2006-2007)