Socialist Workingmen's Party
The English used in this article or section may not be easy for everybody to understand. (January 2023)
|Founded||April 21, 2016|
|Headquarters||Çankaya, Ankara, Turkey|
|Newspaper||Sosyalist Gazete (Socialist Newspaper)|
|Membership (2023)||27 (in Turkey)|
|International affiliation||Socialist Middle East|
|Colors||Red and gold|
|Slogan||Sosyalizm kazanacak! (Socialism will be win!)|
The SEP fights for socialism, where social equality is ensured all over the world, and the capitalist system is buried in history with the coming to power of the workers. On this basis, the October Revolution of 1917; He followed in the footsteps of Marx, Engels, Lenin, and Trotsky. The founder of revolutionary Marxism in Turkey, in his own words, is the continuation of Mustafa Suphi, who came to Anatolia to establish a "workers and peasants council government on the way of world communism".
He argues that ethno-religious divisions, nationalism, imperialist and capitalist systems in Turkey and the Middle East can only be responded to with the class struggle of the working people and the oppressed. It aims to build a Leninist revolutionary vanguard party to create a socialist Middle East, to organize the workers and oppressed to abolish capitalist private property.
The SEP claims that the working class can come to power and that the only revolutionary program of the socialist revolution in the 21st century is the program of permanent revolution.
International organization change
Considering the internationalist struggle indispensable, the SEP has carried out theoretical productions and practical organizational activities in order to build a new international since the beginning of the tradition. The party was among the founders of the International Socialist Union (ISL), whose founding steps were taken at the 2019 Barcelona Conference. SEP left ISL in September 2022 due to the NATOist tendencies of Argentina-MST, one of the three main sections of ISL, and the Ukrainian nationalist statements and actions of the leader of the Ukrainian section. SEP explains the detailed reasons for leaving ISL in "Letter to ISL Members: Why Did We Leave ISL?" published his article. In this process, party theorists produced theoretical explanations about the imperialist rivalry in the world and the US-China tension.
SEP, Socialist Middle East continues its internationalist organization activities through its website. As a result, the İnqilabin səsi ("Voice of Revolution") was established with Azerbaijani revolutionary Marxists in November 2022. The İnqilabin səsi noting that Azerbaijani and Armenian workers are brothers, he stressed that the enemyhood between Azerbaijan and Armenia should be ended immediately.
- "Sosyalist Emekçiler Partisi". Yargıtay Cumhuriyet Başsavcılığı. Retrieved 20 January 2023.
- "100. Yıl Anısına – Bu Tarih Bizim: Mustafa Suphi TKP’si “Sürekli Devrimci”dir!". Sosyalist Gündem. Retrieved 20 January 2023.
- "SEP Merkez Komitesi’nden ISL Üyelerine Mektup: ISL’den Neden Ayrıldık. Sosyalist Emekçiler Partisi. Retrieved 20 January 2023.
- "Ukrayna’dan Sonra Tayvan mı? Tek, Çift, Çok Kutupluluk…". Sosyalist Gündem. Retrieved 20 January 2023
- "Emperyalizm Nedir? Çin ve Rusya Emperyalist midir?". Sosyalist Gündem. Retrieved 20 January 2023.
- "Azerbaycan: Devrimci Marksist “İnqilabın səsi” kuruldu". Sosyalist Gündem. Retrieved 20 January 2023.
- "Azərbaycan-Ermənistan düşmənçilik tələsinə son verməyin vaxtıdır!". Socialist Middle East. Retrieved 20 January 2023.