Princess Sofia, Duchess of Värmland
Princess Sofia of Sweden, Duchess of Värmland (born Sofia Kristina Hellqvist on 6 December 1984) is the wife of Prince Carl Philip, Duke of Värmland. She began dating Prince Carl Philip in 2010. She has also been a glamour model and reality television contestant. Hellqvist has appeared on the reality show Paradise Hotel.
|Duchess of Värmland|
|Born||Sofia Kristina Hellqvist|
13 May 1979
Danderyd Hospital, Danderyd, Sweden
Prince Carl Philip, Duke of Värmland (m. 2015)
|House||Bernadotte (by marriage)|
|Father||Erik Oscar Hellqvist|
|Mother||Marie Britt Rotman|
|Religion||Church of Sweden|
Early Life Edit
Princess Sofia was born as Sofia Kirstina Hellqvist at Danderyd Hospital in Danderyd Municipality, She is daughter of Erik Hellqvist and Marie Rotman.
Marriage and motherhood Edit
She married Prince Carl Philip at Slottskyrkan in Stockholm on 13 June 2015. After the marriage she got the title Princess of Sweden, Duchess of Värmland. Their first child Prince Alexander Erik Hubertus Bertil, was born on 19 April 2016. In March 2017, it was announced that the couple's second child is expected in September 2017. Their second son Prince Gabriel Carl Walther was born on 31 August 2017.
Titles, styles and honours Edit
- 6 December 1984 – 13 June 2015: Miss Sofia Kristina Hellqvist
- 13 June 2015 – present: Her Royal Highness Princess Sofia of Sweden, Duchess of Värmland (Swedish: Hennes Kungliga Höghet Prinsessan Sofia av Sverige Hertiginna av Värmland)
National Honours Edit
- Sweden: Member of the Royal Order of the Seraphim
- Sweden: Member of the Royal Family Decoration of King Carl XVI Gustaf, 2nd Class
- Sweden: Recipient of the 70th Birthday Badge Medal of King Carl XVI Gustaf
- Iceland: Grand Cross of the Order of the Falcon (17 January 2018)
- Italy: Knight Grand Cross of the Order of Merit of the Italian Republic (2 November 2018)
- Germany: Grand Cross 1st Class of the Order of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany (7 September 2021)
- Spain: Dame Grand Cross of the Order of Civil Merit (16 November 2021)
- Finland: Grand Cross of the Order of the White Rose (17 May 2022)
- Netherlands: Grand Cross of the Order of the Crown (11 October 2022)
- "Palace confirms Prince Carl Philip's romance after blocking nude photos". Archived from the original on 5 February 2015. Retrieved 5 February 2015.