Shinichi Chiba (千葉 真一 Chiba Shin'ichi, born 23 January 1939), also known as Sonny Chiba (サニー 千葉 Sanī Chiba), is a Japanese actor, singer, movie producer and director, and martial artist. He is from Fukuoka, Kyūshū. He is possibly the most famous Japanese movie actor of all time.
- "SPORTS CITY" (in Japanese). Kamakura Shobo 1 (2): 32. 1981.
- "Honke Bruce Lee wo shinogu Chiba Shinichi" [Shinichi Chiba surpasses Bruce Lee as the movie star of martial arts]. Sports Hōchi (in Japanese). 27 December 1974.
- Katabutsu Nakamura (1999). Kyokushingaiden - Kyokushinkarate Mōhitotsunotatakai [Supplementary biography of Kyokushin - Kyokushinkarate's another battle] (in Japanese). Pípurusha. pp. 172–186. ISBN 4893741373.
- Tetsurō Takahira (18 May 2011). "JJ Sonny Chiba Majimesa to yasashisaniafure" (in Japanese). ZAKZAK (Yūkan Fuji). http://www.zakzak.co.jp/entertainment/ent-news/news/20110518/enn1105181115001-n1.htm. Retrieved 30 December 2013.
- Taichi Kasuga (29 April 2013). "Sekaiteki actionstar Shinichi Chiba ni otoranu Isao Natsuyagi no kinnikubi" (in Japanese). Shūkan post (news-postseven) (3,10 May 2013). Archived from the original on 4 May 2013. https://web.archive.org/liveweb/http://www.news-postseven.com/archives/20130429_184553.html. Retrieved 30 December 2013.