Srisailam is a census town in Kurnool district of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. It is the mandal headquarters of Srisailam mandal in Kurnool revenue division. The town is famous for Mallikarjuna Jyotirlinga Temple.
|• Total||5.96 km2 (2.30 sq mi)|
|• Density||3,600/km2 (9,300/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Vehicle registration||AP 21|
In 2001, Srisailam had a population of 23,257. 54% of the population were males and 46% of the population were females. Srisailam Project (RFC) Township has an average literacy rate of 75.62% higher than the state average of 67.02%. Male literacy is around 85.68% while female literacy rate is 63.24%. 13% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Srisailam is one of the popular tourist destinations in Andhra Pradesh.
- "District Census Handbook – Kurnool" (PDF). Census of India. pp. 12, 228. Retrieved 20 February 2016.
- "Census 2011". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- "Pin Code of Srisailam in Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh". www.mapsofindia.com. Retrieved 25 November 2017.
- "Srisailam Mandal map" (PDF). Census of India. p. 319. Retrieved 14 April 2017.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.