Wikimedia disambiguation page
State may mean:
- A state in politics, which is the same as a country or a nation.
- A city-state in politics, which is a city that is an independent nation.
- A nation state in politics, where the people living in a country have the same nationality.
- A sovereign state in politics
- A U.S. state, one of the 50 members of the United States. A U.S. state is like a province, prefecture, or district in another country.
- A state of matter in chemistry. For example, solid, liquid, or gas.
- An equation of state in thermodynamics.
- An oxidation state in chemistry, referring to the number of electrons added or subtracted from an atom
- State (computer science), a unique configuration of information in a program or machine
- Program state, in computer science, a snapshot of the measure of various conditions in the system
- State pattern, in computer science, a behavioral design pattern
- State (printmaking), a unique form of a print, caused by a deliberate change to a matrix
- State (software), animation software for YouTube and social media sites
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title State.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.