Stephen Joshua Sondheim
March 22, 1930
New York City, U.S.
|Died||November 26, 2021 (aged 91)|
Roxbury, Connecticut, U.S.
|Alma mater||Williams College|
Jeffrey Romley (m. 2017)
Sondheim was born into a Jewish family in New York City. He grew up on the Upper West Side of Manhattan and later near Doylestown, Pennsylvania. He was openly gay. In 2017, he married Jeffrey Romley.
- Multiple Grammy Awards
- 9 Tony Awards (more than any other composer)
- A Lifetime Achievement Tony
- An Academy Award
- A Pulitzer Prize.
Sondheim wrote both the music and the words to his musicals.
Some of Sondheim's musicalsEdit
- J is for Jewish dramatists
- Another opening, another show
- "Stephen Sondheim, Titan of the American Musical, Is Dead at 91". The New York Times. November 26, 2021. Retrieved November 26, 2021.