Susan George (political scientist)
American political scientist
Susan George (born 1934) is a well-known writer on Third World poverty, underdevelopment and debt. She is a fellow of the Transnational Institute and is a critic of the present policies of the International Monetary Fund and World Bank.
She has been a consultant to United Nations agencies and is a frequent public speaker. She is American but lives in France.
- How the Other Half Dies (Penguin) 1976. Reprinted 1986, 1991 ISBN 0-14-013569-3 (An analysis of the real reasons for world hunger.)
- A Fate Worse Than Debt (Penguin) 1988 ISBN 0-14-022789-X (An analysis of the reasons for Third World debt.)
- The Debt Boomerang (Pluto Press) 1992 ISBN 0-7453-0594-6 (Continuing the theme of Third World debt and its harmful effects.)
- The Lugano Report: On Preserving Capitalism in the 21st Century 1999 ISBN 0-7453-1532-1
- Another World Is Possible If (Verso Books) 2004 ISBN 1844675106
- Susan George, Official page at Transnational Institute.