Location in Jiangsu
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|• Type||Prefecture-level city|
|• Party Secretary||Zhou Naixiang|
|• Mayor||Qu Futian|
|• Prefecture-level city||8,488.42 km2 (3,277.40 sq mi)|
|• Land||6,093.92 km2 (2,352.88 sq mi)|
|• Water||2,394.50 km2 (924.52 sq mi)|
|• Urban||2,743 km2 (1,059 sq mi)|
|• Prefecture-level city||10,658,000|
|• Density||1,300/km2 (3,300/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (Beijing Time)|
|ISO 3166 code||CN-JS-05|
|City tree||Camphor laurel|
|Regional dialect||Wu: Suzhou dialect|
|License plate prefix||苏E and 苏U|
It is the second largest city in the province, after its capital Nanjing. The city is located on the lower reaches of the Yangtze River and the shores of Lake Tai and belongs to the Yangtze River Delta region. Suzhou is a prefecture-level city with a population of 4.33 million in its city proper, and a total resident population (as of 2013[update]) of 10.58 million in its administrative area.
- "Table showing land area and population". Suzhou People's Government. 2003. Retrieved 2007-09-07.
- Calculated using data from Suzhou Statistics Bureau. Life Expectancy Index = 0.9672, Education Index = 0.8244, Income Index = 0.896. Refs:
- 苏U号牌来了！苏州将成江苏首个启用双号牌的城市. 交汇点. 2018-10-24. Retrieved 2018-10-24.
- United Nations, Department of Economic and Social Affairs, Population Division. "World Urbanization Prospects: The 2014 Revision" (PDF). Retrieved 1 January 2015.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link)
- Elizabeth MacBride (22 December 2014). "Keep an eye on these emerging market cities". CNBC. Retrieved 1 January 2015.