Tavi Gevinson (born April 21, 1996) is an American writer and blogger. In 2008 she started a blog called Style Rookie. She posted pictures of herself wearing outfits and wrote about the latest fashion trends. The blog was successful. Due to its success Gevinson was asked to go to New York Fashion Week and Paris Fashion Week. In autumn 2011, Gevinson made a website called Rookie. Rookie is an internet magazine for teenage girls.
|Born||April 21, 1996|
Oak Park, Illinois, United States
|Occupation||Writer, magazine editor, actress and singer|
In January 2011 Gevinson interviewed Gwen Stefani for Teen Vogue. In September 2011 Gevinson started an internet magazine called Rookie. She is also its editor. In 5 days it had been viewed over 1 million times. Lady Gaga called her the "future of journalism". Gevinson was invited to TedxWomen in New York. She met Gloria Steinem there and gave her a short interview.
In January 2013 she was interviewed by CNN and Steven Colbert. A documentary about Kathleen Hanna called The Punk Singer was released in March 2013. Gevinson was interviewed in it. In May 2013 she interviewed Emma Watson. In June 2013 she interviewed Sofia Coppola and Greta Gerwig. In October 2013 Enough Said, a movie she acted in, was released. In November 2013 Gevinson modelled for Cole Haan's Christmas advert. Gevinson's face was on the cover of the first internet-only issue of BULLETT Magazine in November 2013.
- Jesella, Kara (September 13, 2011). "Tavi Gevinson Rookie magazine: how it combines fashion and feminism". Slate Magazine.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on October 21, 2013. Retrieved November 26, 2013.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Wiseman, Eva (September 19, 2009). "Tavi Gevinson: the 13-year-old blogger with the fashion world at her feet" – via www.theguardian.com.
- Nast, Condé. "No Doubt: Tavi Gevinson Interviews Gwen Stefani". Teen Vogue.
- Gevinson, Tavi (December 9, 2011). "Rookie » The Ladies' Room". www.rookiemag.com.
- CNN, By Abbey Goodman. "Tavi Gevinson may take over the world while you read this". CNN.
- Gevinson, Tavi (May 27, 2013). "Rookie » I Want It to Be Worth It: An Interview With Emma Watson". www.rookiemag.com.
- Gevinson, Tavi (June 17, 2013). "Rookie » Girls With Power and Mystique: An Interview With Sofia Coppola". www.rookiemag.com.
- Gevinson, Tavi (August 6, 2013). "Rookie » Follow What's Alive: An Interview With Greta Gerwig". www.rookiemag.com.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on December 3, 2013. Retrieved November 26, 2013.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)