Melanie Thandiwe Newton OBE (/ˈtændi/; born 6 November 1972) is a British actress. She has performed in numerous British and American movies, including The Pursuit of Happyness and Mission: Impossible II. She was born in London to a black Zimbabwean mother and white British father. She grew up in Africa, London and Penzance.
Melanie Thandiwe Newton
6 November 1972
Westminster, London, England
|Alma mater||Downing College, Cambridge|
Ol Parker (m. 1998)
Newton says that director John Duigan made her have a relationship with him. She was sixteen years old and he was 39. The relationship lasted 6 years.
She married English writer/director/producer Ol Parker in 1998. The couple have two daughters: Ripley, born in 2000, and Nico, born in 2004. Her daughters are named after the character Ellen Ripley in the Alien movies and the singer Nico.
Newton has suffered from bulimia.
- ↑ "Thandie Newton Web » www.thandie-newton.org • www.thandie-newton.net your #1 fan site dedicated to actress thandie newton". 24 September 2012. Archived from the original on 24 September 2012. Retrieved 23 May 2019.
- ↑ Graydon, Nicola; "Thandie Newton on becoming Condoleezza Rice" The Times (London), 7 September 2008
- ↑ Carty, Ciaran; "When Thandie met Condi" Tribune.ie, 21 September 2008
- ↑ "Thandie Newton's affair at 16 with film director 23 years older than her". The Daily Mail. UK. Retrieved 4 June 2011.
- ↑ Jessen, Monique; "Thandie Newton Reveals Battle with Bulimia" Archived 2012-10-10 at the Wayback Machine People.com, Sunday 5 August 2007
- ↑ "Buddha Buzz: Mindfulness and Being a Buddhist Woman". Tricycle: The Buddhist Review. Retrieved June 15, 2012.
- ↑ "A Body in Motion: The "For Colored Girls" Interview with Kam Williams". Pittsburgh Urban Media. Archived from the original on October 14, 2013. Retrieved June 15, 2012.
Media related to Thandiwe Newton at Wikimedia Commons