The Dark Side of the Moon
The Dark Side Of The Moon is an album by the band Pink Floyd. The album has sold over 45 million copies. It is believed to be one of the best-selling albums ever, behind Thriller. It is also widely considered one of the greatest albums of all time. Analysts say that The Dark Side Of The Moon is always playing somewhere on Earth. It is one of the most famous concept albums (albums where all the songs are about a central theme or tell a specific story), and was formally the best-selling album of all time.
|The Dark Side of the Moon|
|Studio album by|
|Released||1 March 1973|
|Recorded||June 1972–January 1973|
|Studio||Abbey Road Studios, London|
|Pink Floyd chronology|
|Singles from The Dark Side of the Moon|
It was released in 1973 as Pink Floyd's ninth album. It is one of the most well-known albums of all time. It frequently places in the top five on lists of the greatest albums of all time made by rock music authorities.
Its cover features a ray of white light going through a prism, coming through the other side as a rainbow. It is one of the most famous album covers of all time.[source?].
Wizard of OzEdit
When synchronized with the movie The Wizard of Oz, there are many similarities between the two.
The Dark Side of the Moon became one of the best-selling albums of all time. It is in the top 25 of a list of best selling albums in the United States. It held the number one spot in the US for only a week. However, it remained in the Billboard album chart for a total of 778 weeks (nearly 14 years). This is the longest any album has spent on the Billboard charts. The album came back on the Billboard charts when the Top Pop Catalog Albums chart was introduced in May 1991. It has stayed there since then. In the UK, it is the sixth best-selling album of all time.
All lyrics written by Roger Waters.
|1.||"Speak to Me"||Nick Mason||1:30|
|2.||"Breathe"||David Gilmour, Roger Waters, Richard Wright||2:43|
|3.||"On the Run"||Gilmour, Waters||3:30|
|4.||"Time"||Gilmour, Waters, Wright, Mason||6:53|
|5.||"The Great Gig in the Sky"||Wright, Clare Torry*||4:15|
|2.||"Us and Them"||Waters, Wright||7:34|
|3.||"Any Colour You Like"||Gilmour, Wright, Mason||3:24|
- ↑ Pattaya Mail, PF Dsotm
- ↑ Karas, Kristen (2010-02-08). "'Wizard of Oz', Pink Floyd combine". The Daily Collegian Online. Archived from the original on 2010-02-11. Retrieved 2010-04-09.
- ↑ Werde, Bill (13 May 2006), Floyd's 'Dark Side' Celebrates Chart Milestone, Billboard, p. 12, retrieved 17 March 2009
- ↑ Top 100 Albums, riaa.com, archived from the original on 17 January 2010, retrieved 17 March 2009
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Billboard records, billboard.com, archived from the original on 3 September 2011, retrieved 31 August 2011
- ↑ Basham, David (15 November 2001), Got Charts? Britney, Linkin Park Give Peers A Run For Their Sales Figures, mtv.com, retrieved 30 March 2009
- ↑ Best Selling UK Albums of All Time (PDF), bpi.co.uk, archived from the original (PDF) on 22 November 2009, retrieved 15 August 2009