The Flash (movie)
The Flash is an American superhero movie based on the DC Comics character of the same name. It is produced by DC Films, The Disco Factory, and Double Dream, and set for distribution by Warner Bros. Pictures. It is set in the DC Extended Universe (DCEU).
|Directed by||Andy Muschietti|
|Screenplay by||Christina Hodson|
|Edited by||Paul Machliss|
|Music by||Benjamin Wallfisch|
|Distributed by||Warner Bros. Pictures|
The movie is directed by Andy Muschietti from a screenplay by Christina Hodson. It stars Ezra Miller as Barry Allen / The Flash alongside Ben Affleck, Michael Keaton, Sasha Calle, Kiersey Clemons, Maribel Verdú, and Ron Livingston. In The Flash, Allen travels back in time to prevent his mother's murder, which causes many problems.
The Flash was released in the United States on June 23, 2023.
- Ezra Miller as Barry Allen / The Flash:
A police forensic investigator from Central City and member of the Justice League who can move at superhuman speeds using the Speed Force.
- Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne / Batman:
A wealthy socialite from Gotham City, leader of the Justice League, and owner of Wayne Enterprises who became the vigilante known as Batman following his parents' murder.
- Michael Keaton as Bruce Wayne / Batman:
An older version of Wayne from an alternative universe. Keaton reprises his role from Batman (1989) and Batman Returns (1992).
- Sasha Calle as Supergirl: A powerful Kryptonian with similar powers, abilities, and costume to Superman.
- Kiersey Clemons as Iris West: A journalist for the Picture News and love interest of Barry Allen.
- Michael Shannon as General Zod: A Kryptonian general who possesses the same powers as Superman, and was previously killed by the latter. Shannon reprises his role from Man of Steel.
- Antje Traue as Faora-Ul: General Zod's sub-commander, who was sent to the Phantom Zone years prior. Traue reprises her role from Man of Steel.
- Maribel Verdú as Nora Allen: Barry's mother who was murdered in his youth. Her husband Henry was blamed for her death.
- Ron Livingston as Henry Allen: Barry's father, who was wrongfully convicted for the murder of his wife. Livingston replaces Billy Crudup, who played the character in other DCEU movies.
- Hibberd, James (November 16, 2015). "Ezra Miller on how his The Flash will differ from The CW's version". Entertainment Weekly. Archived from the original on November 18, 2015. Retrieved November 18, 2015.
- Gonzalez, Umberto (April 19, 2021). "Yes, Michael Keaton Really Is Playing Batman in 'The Flash'". TheWrap. Archived from the original on April 19, 2021.
- Grobar, Matt (February 11, 2022). "Warner Bros. Unveils New Footage From 'Aquaman And The Lost Kingdom', 'Black Adam' And 'The Flash'". Deadline Hollywood. Archived from the original on February 12, 2022. Retrieved February 11, 2022.