Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology
Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology (TJHSST, TJ, Jefferson) is a high school in Virginia, United States. The school is a public school. It is part of the Fairfax Country Public Schools (FCPS). TJHSST is a selective school, which means that only a small group of people can go to the school. To decide who can go to the school, applicants (people who wants to go to the school) need to take an admission test, get a teacher recommendation, write essays, write a resume (a paper telling about who you are), and have good grades before. TJHSST is a very good school. U.S. News & World Report said that the school was the best public high school in the country from 2007 to 2013. In 2014 and 2015, TJHSST was first place again in Newsweek's "America's Top Schools" ranking.
|Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology|
6560 Braddock Road
|School type||Public, magnet high school|
|School district||Fairfax County Public Schools|
|Teaching staff||107.52 (on a FTE basis)|
|Student to teacher ratio||16.93|
|Color(s)||Red, white, and navy|
|Athletics conference||National District|
|USNWR ranking||1 (2020)|
|Communities served||Northern Virginia|
|Feeder schools||Northern Virginia schools|
- "Thomas Jefferson High for Science and Technology". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved December 30, 2017.
- "Institution Summary". AdvancED. Advance Education, Inc. Retrieved 16 March 2015.
- "tjTODAY - The student news site of Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology". 2017.
- "Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology". U.S. News & World Report. 2020.
- Lindsey, Drew. "Success Factory: Inside America’s Best High School", Washingtonian, October 1, 2009.