method of restarting play in association football
- The throw-in is made at the place, where the ball left the field.
- The throw in is delivered by the team who has not touched the ball before he left the field.
- The thrower must look to the field of play.
- He must stand with both feet on the ground on or outside the touch line .
- He must use both hands to throw the ball from behind and over their head.
- You can not score a goal directly after a throw in.
- The opposite players must stand at least 2 meters away.
- During the throw-in the offside rule is not used.
- The best way to do a throw in is to throw the ball in an angle of about 30 degrees. Then you can reach the maximum distance.
- Rory Delap, a midfielder for Stoke City is known for his long-throw ins which led to many goals for Stoke City.
- Also Christian Schwegler of FC Red Bull Salzburg is known for his throw ins.
- "The Throw-In in Football | History and Rules of the Throw In | Football-Stadiums.co.uk". www.football-stadiums.co.uk. Retrieved 2021-05-18.
- Association, The Football. "Law 15 - The Throw In". www.thefa.com. Retrieved 2021-05-18.
- "FIFA Rules rule 15". Archived from the original on 2016-03-07. Retrieved 2017-10-29.
- Linthorne, Nicholas P.; Everett, David J. (19 January 2006). "Release angle for attaining maximum distance in the soccer throw-in". ArXiv:physics/0601149. 5 (2): 243–260. arXiv:physics/0601149. doi:10.1080/14763140608522877. PMID 16939156. S2CID 16406503 – via arXiv.org.