Toledo is a city in Spain with a population of 85,000. It is a historical city with a lot of monuments. The city was important from the Roman period to the 18th century. It is the capital of the autonomous community of Castile-La Mancha and the Toledo province. Many famous people and artists were born or lived in this city, including Garcilaso de la Vega, Alfonso X and El Greco. A city in Ohio was named after this.
La ciudad Imperial (The Imperial City)
|Autonomous Community||Castile–La Mancha|
|• Mayor||Emiliano García-Page Sánchez (PSOE)|
|• Land||232.1 km2 (89.6 sq mi)|
|Elevation||529 m (1,736 ft)|
Sinagoga del Tránsito Edit
Further reading Edit
Other websites Edit
- Exhibit on Toledo, Ohio Sister City Agreement Archived 2009-01-15 at the Wayback Machine
- Photography of Toledo by Antony Marsh
- http://lahistoriadefermosa.com Archived 2013-06-07 at the Wayback Machine "La Historia de Fermosa" Abraham S. Marrache, Hebraica Ediciones 2009, a historical novel in Spanish about the love affair in 1179 between King Alfonso VIII of Castile and the young Toledan Jewess, Fermosa.
- Sunset in Toledo Archived 2009-10-20 at the Wayback Machine, Eretz Acheret Archived 2012-12-05 at Archive.today Magazine
- Legends of Toledo
- Free Audio Guide of Toledo ES/EN
- Spain's official website - Info about Toledo Archived 2014-10-19 at the Wayback Machine