Thomas Milton Benson (July 12, 1927 – March 15, 2018) was an American businessman, philanthropist and sports franchise owner. He was the owner of the New Orleans Saints of the National Football League (NFL) and New Orleans Pelicans of the National Basketball Association (NBA).
Benson in 2009
Thomas Milton Benson
July 12, 1927
|Died||March 15, 2018 (aged 90)|
|Education||St. Aloysius, 1944|
|Alma mater||Loyola University New Orleans, 1948|
Sports franchise owner
|Years active||1985–present (as New Orleans Saints owner)|
2012–present (as New Orleans Pelicans owner)
Gayle Benson (née LaJaunie) (m. 2004)
Shirley Landry (deceased)
Grace Marie Trudeau (deceased)
|Children||Three (two deceased)|
|Parent(s)||Thomas Benson Sr.|
Carmen Benson (both deceased)
- "Tom Benson". Forbes. September 2014. Retrieved February 9, 2015.
- "The Chronicle of Philanthropy - The news and tools you need to change the world". www.philanthropy.com. Retrieved 17 June 2018.
- "Is This Louisiana Billionaire About to Boost his Commitment to Healthcare Giving?". Retrieved 17 June 2018.
- "Gayle and Tom Benson Charitable Foundation - Find Grantmakers & Nonprofit Funders - Foundation Directory Online". fconline.foundationcenter.org. Retrieved 17 June 2018.
- "Hornets sale to Saints owner Benson official". NBA.com. Retrieved 19 June 2015.
- Staff, FOX8Live.com. "New Orleans Saints and Pelicans owner Tom Benson dies at the age of 90". Retrieved 17 June 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tom Benson.|