American actor (1921-2007)
Thomas Gordon "Tom" Poston (October 17, 1921 – April 30, 2007) was an American television and movie actor. His career began during the 1950s.
Thomas Gordon Poston
October 17, 1921
|Died||April 30, 2007 (aged 85)|
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Cause of death||Respiratory failure|
|Spouse(s)||Jean Sullivan |
(m.1980-1998; her death)
(m.2001-2007; his death)
According to USA Today Life editor Dennis Moore, Poston appeared in more sitcoms than any other actor. In the 1980s, he played George Utley, opposite Bob Newhart's character on Newhart and Burt Sigurdson in That '70s Show.
After a short illness, Poston died of respiratory failure on April 30, 2007, in Los Angeles, California at the age of 85.
- ↑ Bernstein, Adam (May 2, 2007). "Tom Poston; Played the Comically Clueless". The Washington Post. washingtonpost.com. Retrieved 2014-04-21.
- ↑ Moore, Dennis (5 August 2013). "Which American Actor Appeared in the most TV Sitcoms?". USA Today. Retrieved 2014-04-21.
- ↑ Fox, Margalit (2 May 2007). "Tom Poston, Virtuosic Comic Actor, Is Dead at 85". The New York Times. NYTimes.com. Retrieved 2014-04-21.
Media related to Tom Poston at Wikimedia Commons
- Tom Poston at Find a Grave
- Tom Poston at the Internet Broadway Database
- Tom Poston interview at the Archive of American Television
- Tom Poston on IMDb