Anthony Steven Evers (born November 5, 1951) is an American politician and educator. He is the 46th and current Governor of Wisconsin. He was elected Governor on November 6, 2018, defeating Scott Walker.
|46th Governor of Wisconsin|
|Assumed office |
January 7, 2019
|Preceded by||Scott Walker|
|26th Wisconsin Superintendent of Public Instruction|
July 6, 2009 – January 7, 2019
|Preceded by||Elizabeth Burmaster|
|Succeeded by||Carolyn Stanford Taylor|
Anthony Steven Evers
November 5, 1951
Plymouth, Wisconsin, U.S.
|Education||University of Wisconsin, Madison (BA, MA, PhD)|
Before becoming Governor, he served as the 26th Superintendent of Public Instruction of Wisconsin from 2009 to 2019. Evers serves as President of the Council of Chief State School Officers and was Wisconsin's Deputy Superintendent of Public Instruction from 2001 to 2009.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2017-11-20. Retrieved 2018-06-26.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Marley, Patrick; Beck, Molly (August 14, 2018). "Wisconsin primary: Democrat Tony Evers to face GOP Gov. Scott Walker in November". Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Retrieved August 15, 2018.
- "Democrat Tony Evers ousts Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker". Politico. Retrieved November 6, 2018.
- Journal, Molly Beck | Wisconsin State. "Tony Evers seeks a third term after battles with conservatives, cancer and Common Core". madison.com. Retrieved July 12, 2018.
- Governor Tony Evers official State of Wisconsin website