Treasure Island (1999 movie)
Treasure Island is a 1999 movie. It is from Robert Louis Stevenson's story. It was written and directed by Peter Rowe. It stars Kevin Zegers as Jim Hawkins and Jack Palance as Long John Silver.
|Directed by||Peter Rowe|
|Written by||Robert Louis Stevenson (original novel)|
|Produced by||Pieter Kroonenburg|
|Music by||Neil Smolar|
|Distributed by||Columbia TriStar|
|January 8, 1999|
The story takes place in 1759. It differs from the book in that Captain Smollett convinces Squire Trelawney and Doctor Livesey to cut Jim, a 13-year-old boy, out of his rightful share of the treasure. Jim then teams up with Silver. Smollett, Trelawney, and Livesey are killed. Jim, Silver, and Ben Gunn escape with the treasure.
- Jack Palance as Long John Silver
- Kevin Zegers as Jim Hawkins
- Christopher Benjamin as Squire Trelawney
- Malcolm Stoddard as Captain Smollett
- David Robb as Doctor Livesey
- Patrick Bergin as Billy Bones
- Cody Palance as Blind Pew
- Dermot Keaney as Israel Hands
- Al Hunter Ashton as George Merry
The film was shot in various locations on the Isle of Man. It was distributed by Columbia TriStar and Fries Film Group. The ship used as the Hispaniola was the tall ship Earl of Pembroke.
Producer Adrienne Gruben was nominated for the 2001 Independent Spirit Awards.
- ↑ "Treasure Island (1999) - IMDb". IMDb.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "Treasure Island". Internet Movie Database. Retrieved 2009-04-06.
- ↑ "Jack Palance filmography". Turner Classic Movies. Retrieved 2009-04-06.
- ↑ "Jack Palance and writer/director Peter Rose on the Earl of Pembroke". Archived from the original on 2016-03-03. Retrieved 2020-01-12.
- ↑ Rowe, Peter (Writer and Director) (1999). Treasure Island (Motion Picture). Isle Of Man. Columbia Tristar.
- ↑ "Treasure Island, Cast, Crew, Director and Awards". New York Times. Retrieved 2009-04-06.
- Treasure Island (1999) at the Internet Movie Database
- Treasure Island at Rotten Tomatoes