Twelve Penny Black
In 1851, the Province of Canada[a] issued the stamps of Queen Victoria. For the stamp image, the Queen's portrait by Alfred Edward Chalon (1780–1860) was used. This design is called the Chalon head. The stamps were printed in New York.
- Michel Catalog (2000). Übersee-Katalog. Nord- und Mittelamerika. Michel. p. 339.
- Ashton, R. (April 2007). "Sale of the century". Stamp Magazine. 73 (4): 44–51. Corrected in: Stamp Magazine 73 (5): 9.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Chalon head.|
- Canadian stamps (1851–1875) on the site of Library and Archives Canada.
- "Pence (Sc #1–3)". Canada Rare Stamp Gallery. Saskatoon Stamp Centre. Archived from the original on 2012-04-18. Retrieved 2010-02-24.
- "Queen Victoria". Philatis, Visual Search – Postal Archives – ArchiviaNet – Library and Archives Canada. Canadian Postal Archives Database; Canada Post Corporation. Archived from the original on 2012-04-18. Retrieved 2010-02-25.