|This is a Wikipedia user page.
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at
This page has been removed from search engines' indexes.
- "The best way to predict the future is to invent it." -- Kay
This is not an argument, but rather a selected inventory of available data across a time-frame of years.
The contributions history is a record of invested time and focused attention. The full record presents a pattern of contributions across a range of subjects during a span of years.
An overview suggests the discernible perspective from which I approached participating in the Wikipedia project.
These selected diffs are examples of outreach commentary -- soliciting collaborative discussion and offering feedback which acknowledges the good work of others:
- User talk:Wikikirsc#Citing TV broadcasts, October 2009
- User talk:Torsodog#Bulleted lists, October 2009
- User talk:JNW#Deane G. Keller, October 2009
- User talk:Phoe#Cholmondeley, October 2009
- User talk:Greekdiva#Some questions have no answers, October 2009
- User talk:Kjet#Launch date disambiguation, June 2009
- User talk:Dlevine1#Order of the Sacred Treasure, June 2009
- User talk:James Chenery#Anglo-Japanese relations, June 2009
- User talk:Shem1805#RMS Empress of Canada (1929), June 2009
- User talk:Demophon#Order of the Bath, January 2009
- User talk:Climie.ca#Follow-up, Janurary 2009
- User talk:Rjwilmsi#Japanese era name, Janaury 2009
- User talk:Brandon#Japanese-American history, January 2009
- User talk:JensWilkinson#Ooiryō, January 2009
- User talk:Darthjarek#National Museum of Western Art, January 2009
- User talk:Maralia#Double image template, December 2008
- User talk:Dr pda#Two-page document, December 2008
- User talk:Evb-wiki#Poet laureate, December 2008
- User talk:ThuranX#Cui bono, December 2008
- User talk:Taemyr#Cui bono, December 2008
- User talk:Tanthalas39#Cui bono, December 2008
- User talk:Roux#Cui bono, December 2008
- User talk:Josette#Mary had a little lamb, December 2008
- User talk:Midnightdreary#Mary had a little lamb, December 2008
- User talk:LaszloWalrus#Keio University, November 2008
- User talk:BillMasen#Emperor Jimmu, November 2008
- User talk:Dekkappai#Nikkei, November 2008
- Usert talk:CWH#Joseph Needham, November 2008
- User talk:Trekphiler#Helpful edit summary, November 2008
- User talk:Cirt#Japanese Jamaicans, November 2008
- User talk:TheMolecularMan#Unanticipated compliment, October 2008
- User talk:Materialscientist#Scientific jargon, September 2008
- User talk:Ando228#Flawed reasoning, June 2008
- User talk:Demophon#Brian Greenwood, June 2008
- User talk:Bellhalla#USS General S. D. Sturgis, June 2008
- User:Dedden#William Elliot Griffis, June 2008
- User:Iwanafish#William Elliot Griffis, June 2008
- User talk:Fg2#Re-thinking what I've written?, June 2008
- User talk:GraemeLeggett#Launch date vs. date of sea trials, May 2008
- Usert talk:Douggers#Inaba clan, May 2008
- User talk:Cegb#Order of the Sacred Treasure, April 2008
- User talk:Fg2#Rōjū and Tairō, April 2008
- User talk:Necrothesp#Samuel Robinson, April 2008
- User talk:Dbaba#Matthew C. Perry, April 2008
- User talk:Teratornis#Canadian Pacific Steamship Captain, March 2008
- User talk:Deon Steyn#Order of the Rising Sun, March 2008
- User talk:Waacstats#Sidney Verba & Gerald Curtis, March 2008
- User talk:Hmains#Foreign Relations of Imperial China, March 2008
- User talk:JaGa#In-line citations, March 2008
The following disputes are inconsistent with the one-dimensional overview which may be adduced from the record at Wikipedia:Requests for arbitration/Tang Dynasty:
- December 2007 dispute? -- Japanese yen#Pronunciation and etymology, Talk:Japanese yen#Etymology. A single cited fact from Nihon Ōdai Ichiran was disputed because it was not corroborated in the standard numismatic reference works on Edo period coinage. The two questioners urged me to remove the sentence until it could be confirmed by another source. Although I did not equate a mere pair of editors with wiki-"consensus," I accepted that their position was arguably reasonable. I complied with their best judgment. Many months later, Oda Mari saw something on Japanese television which confirmed what Julius Klaproth had included in the supplement Isaac Titsingh had drafted in Annales des empereurs du Japon. She contacted me to let me know that what I had posted (and temporarily removed) was corroborated by another credible reference source; and consequently, I restored this trivial fact in the etymology section of the article.
- November 2008 dispute? -- Chrysanthemum throne, Talk:Chrysanthemum Throne#Off-topic, Talk:Chrysanthemum Throne#Restore article, Talk:Chrysanthemum Throne#Off-topic again. This dispute may be useful as an illustration of opaque writing which did manage to be understood. In addition to my contributions to this article about the Japanese Imperial Throne, I created corollary articles in order to mitigate future complaints. When future controversies might arise, I reasoned, I could likely use the other articles as illustrative of congruent principles. I thought that any feedback out either one of these other articles might help improve them all.
- See also -- Throne of England, Talk:Throne of England#Purpose article created in lieu of redirect page
- See also -- Dragon Throne, Talk: Dragon Throne#Purpose article created by Tenmei in lieu of disambiguation/redirect page
- January 2009 dispute? Iwashimizu Hachiman-gū, Talk:Iwashimizu Hachiman-gū. This dispute illustrates an unsatisfactory development which went nowhere because the one complainer simply gave up. I created corollary articles as a way of broadening the base of the dispute; and also I thought the gesture might demonstrate my willingness to work collaboratively.
- See also -- Hakozaki Shrine; Talk:Hakozaki Shrine, article created by Tenmei
- See also -- Usa Shrine, article created by Tenmei
These three examples demonstrate time and thought invested in working through problems using research and collaborative skills.
In closing, let me repeat that this is not an argument -- only a survey of data across a time-frame of years.