Valhalla Entertainment Productions, Inc. is an American movie and television production studio. Their productions include among others AMC's The Walking Dead television series, its companion series, Fear the Walking Dead, and the spin-off, The Walking Dead: World Beyond.
|Formerly||Pacific Western Productions (1982–1998)|
|Founded||1982(as Pacific Western Productions)|
|Founder||Gale Anne Hurd|
|Gale Anne Hurd|
In 1988, Gale Anne Hurd established a label No Frills Film, devoted to producing low-budget and independent movies, usually with the nature of B-movie. In 1993, No Frills Film was merged into Pacific Western Productions.[source?]
Five years later, Gale Anne Hurd established another production label, Valhalla Motion Pictures, which was ultimately merged with Pacific Western Productions in 2000. The same year it signed a first-look contract with Kinowelt USA, which was acquired by StudioCanal after Kinowelt was forced into bankruptcy.
Valhalla had an overall contract with Universal Cable Productions to creating new television and web series, which was renewed in 2015. Valhalla produced USA Network's drama series, Falling Water, and Amazon's original series, Lore.
In the comic book industry, Valhalla has created a six-issue miniseries comic book, The Scourge, for Aspen Comics, and a four-issue comic book miniseries, ANTI, for 12 Gauge Comics. Dead Man's Run, which was created for Aspen Comics by Greg Pak.
On February 7, 2017, Valhalla Motion Pictures merged into Valhalla Entertainment, which was originally established in 1996.[source?]
On March 24, 2016, the United States Patent and Trademark Office denied a trademark registration by Valhalla Game Studios on the grounds there was likelihood of confusion between Valhalla Motion Pictures and Valhalla Games Studios' mark.
- Gale Anne Hurd Biography – IMDB.
- Kehr, Dave. "RESOURCEFUL `BAD DREAMS` MAKES A THRIFTY THRILLER". chicagotribune.com. Retrieved October 30, 2021.
- Sulpor, Mia (May 3, 2000). "Hurd banners consolidated". Variety. Retrieved October 30, 2021.[permanent dead link]
- "Hurd shingle, Kinowelt USA pick up script". Variety. August 2, 2000. Retrieved October 30, 2021.
- "StudioCanal buys Kinowelt". Variety. January 17, 2008. Retrieved October 30, 2021.
- "Canal Plus close to deal for Kinowelt". Hollywood Reporter. January 11, 2008. Retrieved October 30, 2021.
- Feiwell, Jill (August 19, 2001). "Hurd's Valhalla adds TV arm". Variety. Retrieved October 30, 2021.
- "'The Walking Dead' EP Inks Pod Deal With Universal Cable Productions". Hollywood Reporter. April 16, 2012. Retrieved October 30, 2021.
- Gale Anne Hurd Renews Valhalla Entertainment Deal with Universal Cable Productions.
- "'Falling Water' Canceled By USA Network After 2 Seasons". Deadline. May 18, 2018. Retrieved October 30, 2021.
- "Amazon cancels podcast-inspired 'Lore' after two seasons". Engadget. July 28, 2019. Retrieved October 30, 2021.
- Walking Dead Producer Gale Anne Hurd Talks Comic Book Movies.
- Pak, Aspen and Valhalla Entertainment Team Up for “Dead Man’s Run”.
- United States Patent and Trademark Office Opposition No. 91206662 Archived 2021-10-30 at the Wayback Machine.