mobile machine that transports people, animals or cargo
A vehicle is a machine to move people and things.
A vehicle is not alive. A horse can move people and things but it is not a vehicle.
Vehicles can get propulsion power from various sources.
- Human muscles. Examples are bicycles and skateboards.
- Engines. Examples are automobiles, ships, and aeroplanes.
- Electricity. Examples are many passenger trains.
- Animals. Examples are carts and chariots.
- Wind. Examples are sailboats and iceboats.
- Some vehicles have no propulsion power. Examples are gliders and balloons.