mobile machine that transports people, animals or cargo
(Redirected from Vehicles)
Types of vehiclesEdit
Land vehicles that are powered by an engine or motor are called motor vehicles.
Air and space vehiclesEdit
Vehicles can be propelled by various sources of energy.
- Human muscles. Examples are bicycles and skateboards.
- Engines. Examples are automobiles, ships, and aeroplanes.
- Electricity. Examples are many passenger trains.
- Animals. Examples are carts and chariots.
- Wind. Examples are sailboats and iceboats.
- Some vehicles have no propulsion power. Examples are gliders and balloons.