Venom is a 2018 American superhero movie based on the Marvel Comics character of the same name, produced by Columbia Pictures in association with Marvel and Tencent Pictures. Distributed by Sony Pictures Releasing, it is the first movie in Sony's Marvel Universe, adjunct to the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU). Directed by Ruben Fleischer from a screenplay by Scott Rosenberg, Jeff Pinkner, and Kelly Marcel, it stars Tom Hardy as Eddie Brock / Venom, alongside Michelle Williams, Riz Ahmed, Scott Haze, and Reid Scott. In Venom, journalist Brock gains superpowers after being bound to an alien symbiote whose species plans to invade Earth.
|Directed by||Ruben Fleischer|
|Music by||Ludwig Göransson|
|Distributed by||Sony Pictures Releasing|
|Box office||$856.1 million|
Despite receiving mixed reviews from film critics, the film was positively welcomed from audience and fans alike which praised its story, humor, Eddie Brock and Venom's relationship, characters, soundtrack, special effects, cast performances (especially Hardy's double one), action scenes and the ending.
- "Film releases". Variety Insight. Archived from the original on May 12, 2018. Retrieved February 10, 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Weintraub, Steve (September 13, 2018). "'Venom' Movie Rating and Runtime Revealed". Collider. Archived from the original on September 17, 2018. Retrieved September 13, 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- D'Alessandro, Anthony (October 9, 2018). "'Venom' Flies To Near $90M; 'A Star Is Born' Has Rhythm With $51M As Monday Fall Holidays Propel Box Office". Deadline Hollywood. Archived from the original on October 5, 2018. Retrieved October 9, 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Venom (2018)". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved July 12, 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Ha, Anthony (August 1, 2018). "Tom Hardy's 'Venom' has a lot to say in his new trailer". TechCrunch. Archived from the original on August 10, 2018. Retrieved August 11, 2018.
By the way, you may have noticed the "In Association With Marvel" card at the beginning of the trailer. That phrasing is a little hint at the film's convoluted connection to the Marvel Cinematic Universe: While a deal between Sony (which controls the film rights to Spider-Man and associated characters) and Disney/Marvel allowed the studios to collaborate on Spider-Man: Homecoming, Venom is meant to kick off a new cinematic universe for Sony, built around Spider-Man's supporting characters like Black Cat and Silver Sable.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Venom (film)|