Verna Arline Felton (July 20, 1890 - December 14, 1966) is an American actress, best known for providing many voices in many Disney animated movies.
Early years change
Verna Arline Felton was born in Salinas, California to Howard Felton and Clara Lawrence.
Early career change
She acted in stage plays at the Empress Theater in Vancouver in the late 1920s.
Radio and television change
Felton worked extensively in the 1930s and 1950s.
Film and animation change
Felton was a popular actress at the Walt Disney Studios, lending her voice to several animated features, including:
- Dumbo (1941) as the Elephant Matriarch and Mrs. Jumbo, Dumbo's Mother
- Cinderella (1950) as The Fairy Godmother
- Alice in Wonderland (1951) as the Queen of Hearts
- Lady and the Tramp (1955) as Aunt Sarah
- Sleeping Beauty (1959) as Flora, the Red Fairy and Queen Leah, Princess Aurora's mother
- Goliath II (1960) as Eloise the Elephant
- The Jungle Book (1967) as Winifred the Elephant (final film)
Felton died at her home of stroke at the age of 76 in the evening of December 14, 1966.