Vihuela is a name given to two different guitar-like string instruments: one from 16th century Spain, usually with 12 paired strings, and the other, the Mexican vihuela, from 20th century Mexico with five strings and typically played in Mariachi bands.
- lutesandguitars.co.uk Stephen Barber & Sandi Harris, lutemakers and researchers
- vihuelademano.com Alexander Batov, vihuela maker and researcher
- Goldberg magazine: Los dos rinacimintos de la vihuela Archived 2008-12-05 at the Wayback Machine The twentieth-century resuscitation of the vihuela.
- Several photos of Spanish vihuelas can be found among the instrument photos at Wayne Cripps' lute pages.
- Pictures Archived 2007-09-29 at the Wayback Machine