Wander Over Yonder
The English used in this article or section may not be easy for everybody to understand. (January 2019)
|Wander Over Yonder|
|Created by||Craig McCracken|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||79|
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Walt Disney Television Animation|
|Distributor||Disney-ABC Domestic Television|
|Original network||Disney Channel|
|Audio format||Dolby Digital 5.1|
|Original release||August 16, 2013 –|
June 27, 2016
The series follows Wander, a nomadic and optimistic traveller and his best friend, Sylvia, as they go from planet to planet helping people to have fun and live free. This angers Lord Hater, one of the most powerful villains in the galaxy, who tries to defeat Wander with his army of Watchdogs.
Wander Over Yonder is McCracken's first show on a Disney-owned network. Wander first appeared on sketchbooks and clothes that McCracken sold at conventions, as well as in a never-finished graphic novel. McCracken has described Wander as a "nomadic, hippie, muppet man".
- "Disney Channels Worldwide Presents Plan to Build on Its Strength at Annual Meeting with Advertisers". The Futon Critic. April 1, 2013. Retrieved August 27, 2013.
- Hill, Jim (March 8, 2013). "Jack McBrayer Says Goodbye to Kenneth From NBC's 30 Rock and Hello to Disney's Wander Over Yonder". The Huffington Post. AOL Inc. Retrieved August 27, 2013.
- "Wander Over Yonder Characters". Disney XD. Archived from the original on November 6, 2016. Retrieved March 5, 2016.
- McCracken, Craig. "[McCracken presenting the shelved Wander Over Yonder graphic novel]". Twitter. Retrieved March 5, 2016.
- Connelley, Brendon (March 13, 2012). "Wander Over Yonder Coming to TV – The New Project from Powerpuff Creator Craig McCracken". Bleeding Cool. Archived from the original on January 1, 2014. Retrieved August 27, 2013.