The Powerpuff Girls
The Powerpuff Girls (also abbreviated as PPG) is an American comedy-action satirical adventure superhero children's animated television series. It aired on Cartoon Network from 1998 to 2005. It is about three humanoid superheroines named Blossom, Bubbles, and Buttercup live in Townsville, USA. They are kindergarteners and have superpowers, who use their powers for good by saving the world from villains. The show is based on a short made by the series creator from 1992 called Whoopass Stew. The original show was created by Craig McCracken, and the 2016 revival series was developed by Nick Jennings and Bob Boyle. It was created and produced by Hanna-Barbera and Cartoon Network Studios, who also developed a theatrical film adaption in 2002 titled The Powerpuff Girls Movie by Warner Bros Animation.
|The Powerpuff Girls|
|Created by||Craig McCracken|
|Narrated by||Tom Kenny|
|Theme music composer||James L. Venable|
|Opening theme||"The Powerpuff Girls (Main Theme)"|
|Ending theme||"The Powerpuff Girls (End Theme)", |
performed by Bis
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||6|
|No. of episodes||78 (whole)|
136 (segments) (list of episodes)
|Executive producer(s)||Mike Lazzo|
|Running time||11 minutes (short-length episodes)|
22 minutes (specials)
44 minutes ("'Twas the Fight Before Christmas")
|Distributor||Warner Bros. Domestic Television Distribution|
|Original network||Cartoon Network; Boomerang (TV channel)|
|Picture format||4:3 SDTV 16:9 HDTV|
|Audio format|||Dolby Surround (1998–2002) Dolby Digital (2003–05)|
|Original release||October 18, 1998 –|
March 25, 2005
|Related shows||Powerpuff Girls Z|
What a Cartoon!
The Powerpuff Girls (2016)
Blossom, Bubbles, and Buttercup are 3 kindergarten superheroes who live with their father, Professor Utonium, in the City of Townsville. It is their job to use their powers to reduce crime and defend the town from evil villains who want to take it over while also partaking in normal activities like chores and going to school.
Original Voice CastEdit
The show saw several VHS and DVD releases while it was on the air, and the entire series was released on DVD in 2009 to celebrate the show's 10th anniversary.
Similar television seriesEdit
- Dexter's Laboratory, which shared similar production staff and voice actors as Powerpuff Girls also features a child with uncanny abilities fighting against his neighbor named Mandark.
- "The Powerpuff Girls Episode Guide -Hanna-Barbera". The Big Cartoon DataBase. Archived from the original on May 1, 2015.
- "The Powerpuff Girls Featured Episodes". CartoonNetwork.com. Archived from the original on December 2, 2000. Retrieved January 22, 2013.
- "Octi-Gone (2005) The Powerpuff Girls Cartoon Episode Guide". The Big Cartoon DataBase. Archived from the original on April 12, 2014. Retrieved April 11, 2014.
- "Powerpuff Girls Z". tv-tokyo.co.jp (in Japanese). Archived from the original on December 4, 2012. Retrieved February 3, 2013.
- The Powerpuff Girls: Who, What, Where, How, Why... Who Cares?. 2009.
Media related to The Powerpuff Girls (1998 TV series) at Wikimedia Commons
- The Powerpuff Girls Original (1998) on IMDb
- Powerpuff Girls (2016) on IMDb
- The Powerpuff Girls at the Big Cartoon DataBase