Westfield London is a big shopping centre in White City, west London, England, made by the Westfield Group at a cost of £1.6bn, on a brownfield area previously the home of the 1908 Franco-British Exhibition. The area is near the West Cross Route (A3220), the Westway (A40) and Wood Lane (A219). It opened on 30 October 2008 during the financial crisis and soon became the largest shopping centre in London. Originally, it had a shopping floor area of 1,600,000 sq ft (150,000 m2). But with more money put into the shopping centre, it became the largest shopping centre in Europe by March 2018, having an area of 2,600,000 sq ft (240,000 m2).
|Location||White City, London, England, United Kingdom|
|Opening date||30 October 2008|
|Architect||Benoy & Westfield Design Architects, Buchan Group Executive Architects, Ian Richie Architects (masterplan) |
|No. of stores and services||450|
|No. of anchor tenants||6|
|Total retail floor area||2,600,000 sq ft (240,000 m2)|
|No. of floors||5|
- "Westfield press pack" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 6 October 2014. Retrieved 30 September 2014.
- "Westfield flagship opens in London" (Press release). Westfield Group press release. 30 October 2007. Archived from the original on 2 November 2008. Retrieved 12 November 2008.
- "1st Quarter 2007 – Review" (PDF). Westfield Group. 8 May 2007. Archived from the original (PDF) on 19 March 2009. Retrieved 12 November 2008. In a later document published in 2008, the WDC cost was thought to be about £1.1bn - see "Westfield Group, Half Year Results Presentation, 30 June 2008" (PDF). Westfield Group. 27 August 2008. Archived from the original (PDF) on 19 March 2009. Retrieved 17 October 2008.
- Moore, Matthew (30 October 2008). "Westfield shopping centre - Europe's largest mall - opens". The Daily Telegraph : Britain's Best-Selling Quality Daily. ISSN 0307-1235. Archived from the original on 11 April 2018. Retrieved 9 April 2018.
- "Enormous shopping complex opens". BBC. 30 October 2008. Archived from the original on 2 November 2008. Retrieved 30 October 2008.
- "Westfield London is now the largest shopping centre in Europe". The Independent. 20 March 2018. Archived from the original on 10 April 2018. Retrieved 9 April 2018.