For this edition Pmlineditor interviewed Christianrocker90.
- Hi, CR90, First, can you tell me a bit about yourself and what you do?
- Hi, I'm Christianrocker90 (CR90 for short), or Aaron in real life. I mainly focus on the wrestling and baseball articles. I'm an importer and rollbacker. In real life, I'm a high school drop-out who isn't finished with his education. I live at home with my parents and bro. And my plans for life are to get into web design and Video production.
- When did you first discover Wikipedia and how?
- I stumbled across the English Wikipedia looking up my favorite sitcom of all time, Full House. I started editing with small edits to the wrestling articles about a week later and registered as Hornetman16. After I was too immature and exhausted the communities patience I was banned there and I found simple and created a new account here as ChristianMan16 and just became part of the community who wasn't real welcoming at first cause of my enWP past.
- What got you involved in editing Wikipedia? What things are you most involved in here?
- I'm not sure, just the interest in the concept is what got me involved. I just love the concept that the readers build the articles. Also the fact that Wikipedia doesn't really limit it self on topics like other encyclopedias do. And the wrestling article and baseball articles are my specialty. If I didn't update them chances are they wouldn't be.
- What is the best and worst thing about Wikipedia?
- The best is, like I have stated, the fact Wikipedia doesn't really limit it self on topics. The fact you could build an article on just about anything blows my mind. The worst thing I would say is the fact the community isn't good at forgiving. I mean yes they give more chances, but that doesn't really do any good if you don't have forgiveness either. And true there are those that are just bad you can't forgive like Tharton and Bambifan. But those that really put effort into changing for the better, like myself, but get looked down upon because of the past of that user, it just doesn't seem fair. So in short I would say the lack of forgiveness from the community is the worst part.
- Any particular policy or rule you would like to change here?
- There's actually a couple I would change, I'll name you one though. Fair-use images. I think they would be greatly helpful to helping our goal of making articles simpler, cause their are just somethings where a image does better than words ever could, and if the image is copyrighted, as our rules/policies currently stand, you're out of luck.
- I agree with you about the inclusion of fair-use, though I admit it involves a lot of legal hurdles. Any final comments, shout-outs you would like to make?
- Well, I want to say thanks for the intereview and the chance to express some of myself and my opinion and shout out fr33kman "Hey bro!" and my final comment is a quote: "Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future." - Paul Boese
- Thanks for the interview CR90.
- Anytime :)
Join us for another interview next time! Pmlineditor ∞ 09:05, 13 March 2010 (UTC)