Willard Carroll Smith II (born September 25, 1968) is an American actor, producer and rapper. He got his start as part of the rap duo DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince. He became an actor when he starred on the television show The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air as Will Smith, a teenager from Philadelphia sent to live with his rich relatives in Southern California. He has appeared in many movies including Independence Day, Men in Black, Ali, Wild Wild West, The Pursuit of Happyness, I Am Legend, and in Suicide Squad.
Willard Carroll Smith II
September 25, 1968
|Other names||The Fresh Prince|
Sheree Zampino (m. 1992–1995)
Jada Koren Pinkett (m. 1997)
|Children||3, including Jaden and Willow|
|Parent(s)||Willard Carroll Smith, Sr.|
In 2022, he won a Golden Globe Award, BAFTA Award, Screen Actors Guild Award and an Academy Award for his role as Richard Williams in the 2021 drama movie King Richard. He is the first rapper to win an acting Oscar.
Personal life Edit
At the 94th Academy Awards in March 2022, Smith slapped comedian Chris Rock after he made a joke about his wife, Jada's, bald head. Smith was criticized for his violent reaction and on April 1, 2022 Smith resigned his membership from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences and said he would support any punishment by the academy. Smith has been banned from going to the Oscar ceremonies for 10 years.
|Denotes films that have not yet been released|
- Studio albums
- Smith played a character with two different names in this film.
- "Smith's Hitch tops US box office". 14 February 2005.
- "DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince". Discogs.
- Grein, Paul (March 28, 2022). "30 Milestones in Hip-Hop Awards History: Will Smith, Lauryn Hill & More". Billboard. Archived from the original on March 29, 2022. Retrieved March 30, 2022.
- Whelan, Robbie (March 27, 2022). "Will Smith Takes to Oscar Stage, Appears to Strike Chris Rock After Joke About Jada Pinkett Smith". The Wall Street Journal. Archived from the original on March 29, 2022. Retrieved March 28, 2022.
- Tangcay, Jazz; Tangcay, Jazz (2022-04-02). "Here's What Will Smith's Resignation From the Academy Means". Variety. Retrieved 2022-04-02.
- https://www.vg.no/rampelys/i/oWa4Jg/will-smith-utestenges-fra-oscar-seremoniene-de-neste-ti-aarene. VG.no