Wolfgang Gunkel (15 January 1948 – 20 May 2020) was an East German rower. He competed in coxed pairs together with Jörg Lucke. In this event he won the European title in 1971, the Olympic gold medal in 1972, and the world title in 1975. He was born in Berlin.
- "Wolfgang Gunkel". Olympedia. Retrieved 30 May 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Viele Berliner unter den Ausgezeichneten" [Many Berliners among the award winners]. Berliner Zeitung (in German). 34 (32). 7 February 1978. p. 11. Archived from the original on 3 October 2018. Retrieved 3 October 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Wolfgang Gunkel at the International Olympic Committee
- Wolfgang Gunkel at the Olympic Channel
- Wolfgang Gunkel at Olympics at Sports-Reference.com (archived)