Soviet and Russian poet, film director, teacher (1933-2017)
Yevgeny Aleksandrovich Yevtushenko (18 July 1932 – 1 April 2017) was a Soviet and Russian poet. He was also a novelist, essayist, dramatist, screenwriter, publisher, actor, editor and director of several movies.
Yevtushenko in 2009
|Born||Yevgeny Aleksandrovich Gangnus|
18 July 1932
Zima Junction, Siberia, USSR
|Died||1 April 2017 (aged 84)|
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
|Occupation||Poet, writer, film director, publisher|
|Notable works||Babi Yar|
- Russian: Евгений Александрович Евтушенко (also transliterated as Evgenii Alexandrovich Evtushenko, Yevgeniy Yevtushenko, or Evgeny Evtushenko).
- "Раздел второй Основные даты жизни и творчества Е. А. Евтушенко (1932-1996 гг.) ["Section Two Key dates in the life and creativity of E. A. Evtushenko (1932-1996 biennium]". russofile.ru (in Russian).
- "Acclaimed Russian poet Yevgeny Yevtushenko dies in Oklahoma". washingtonpost.com. Retrieved 1 April 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Yevgeny Yevtushenko poetry at Stihipoeta.ru (in Russian)
- Biography – Canadian Encyclopedia
- Olga Carlisle (Spring–Summer 1965). "Yevgeny Yevtushenko, The Art of Poetry No. 7". The Paris Review.
- Yevgeny Yevtushenko online archive Archived 2005-11-02 at the Wayback Machine
- Yevgeny Yevtushenko on IMDb
- Yevgeny Yevtushenko. Collected Poems in English. Part 1
- Yevgeny Yevtushenko. Collected Poems in English. Part 2
- Yevgeny Yevtushenko. Zima Station Poem
- Yevgeny Yevtushenko. "May God" ("Дай Бог") (English translation)
- Chingiz Aitmatov on Yevgeny Yevtushenko Archived 2007-02-11 at the Wayback Machine
- Andrey Voznesensky's article on Yevgeny Yevtushenko Archived 2008-10-04 at the Wayback Machine
- Audio/Video recordings of a Poetry Reading by Yevgeny Yevtushenko at the University of Chicago
- The Bookplate Collection in the Rare Book and Special Collection Division at the Library of Congress contains materials related to the career of Yevtushenko.