Zoom is a video chat software program made by Zoom Video Communications. Its unpaid service allows up to 100 people to video chat for no more than 40 minutes. Its paid service allows up to 1,000 people to video chat with no time limit.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, Zoom has become very popular for working from home, attending school from home, and online social relationships. It has also been criticized by people concerned about privacy and surveillance.
- "Plans and Pricing - Zoom". zoom.us. Retrieved 24 June 2020.
- Abbott, Eileen (20 April 2020). "Students and teachers struggle with remote education due to coronavirus". TheHill. Retrieved 21 April 2020.
- Lorenz, Taylor; Griffith, Erin; Isaac, Mike (March 17, 2020). "We Live in Zoom Now". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Archived from the original on March 23, 2020. Retrieved March 23, 2020.
- Paul, Kari (2020-06-04). "Zoom to exclude free calls from end-to-end encryption to allow FBI cooperation". the Guardian. Retrieved 2021-03-20.
- Mazurov, Nikita (2021-01-18). "What You Should Know Before Leaking a Zoom Meeting". The Intercept. Retrieved 2021-03-20.